ni

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Really Good Music

One thing that made me like Seattle better was discovering that there's a techno station. I've never found one anywhere else. Music is one point on which Seattle beats the Bay Area, and for me to say that, it takes a lot. Maybe I'm feeling sorry for them in their pleas for funding - the station is run by a highschool, by highschool students, to educate them about broadcasting, and has no advertising - but I figure a little more publicity for the first station I actually prefer to my own music collection can't hurt...

C89.5 Worldwide

Some songs I've discovered by listening to this station:

"Kiss You" by Iio - has some really impressive vocals; effortless yodeling...
"Hung Up" and "Sorry" by Madonna
"Nice Day" by Persephone's Bees
"SOS (Rescue Me)" by Rihanna - kinda ditsy, but it's better if you hear the remix version that doesn't have the bit of talking at the beginning

Oh, and if anyone was wondering about that version of "Dragostea Din Tei" I was looking for - it's not by O-Zone, like the other versions I have, but Haiducii; I didn't find the exact version from that Flash video, but the "Haiducii vs Gabry Ponte [Extended Version]" by Haiducii and Gabry Ponte is pretty close (found it on iTunes).

Ps. The station has a webcast, so you don't have to have a radio to listen :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want yodeling, you should listen to Billy Connolly doing Nine and a half Guitars.

6/20/2006 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home