ni

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Latest sources of amusement

Subtly-wrong complaints, particularly applying complaints to things to which they don't quite fit:

"I don't like this street. I want a different street."

"Today sucks. I want my money back." Or, "Being female sucks. I want my money back." (Not as a reference to a sex-change operation; just in general.)

Judgmental descriptions:

"Macadamia nut pie is like pecan pie, but with better nuts." Not different nuts, better nuts.

Altering cliches:

"Her behavior was below and behind the call of duty."

"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is whiny."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Hilarious! I cracked up at each one of these!

So you're thinking of a Germany trip?? I'm just now getting all my Scheisse back in order, but stay tuned for email! :)

8/04/2007 3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/18/2009 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home