ni

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Second Day: Drink The Koolaid

When I think of what I did today, I'm really surprised it was all the same day. The morning consisted of more spiels, and not so interesting as yesterday, since it was a bunch of legal stuff (although the antitrust guy giving the presentation had some entertaining moments). Then, I got my badge (so I felt all official). After lunch, I went to another presentation about some internal tools, and I think that was the first time I was really excited about being here... "oooo, toys!" Maybe this is part of the tech company experience, getting to use the cool internal tools.

After that, I found my way over to my new home, building 119, where I drove around for quite some time before finding parking on the dungeon level (the second below-ground level). After walking around for quite some time and finding nobody in, I finally found everybody, which allowed me to do little things like find out what my login is.

One of the main things I was looking forward to here was a quiet office. Not only does my office have a window (looking onto containers, but never mind that - it's a window!), there's no one else in there! At least til somebody else moves in, I have my own office... this is great :-)

I was also helped for several hours in setting up by a very nice lady assigned to be my mentor, who also really sold me on joining her team, which I will likely wind up doing, but I am going to talk to more people first, since I'm not under terrible time pressure right now. Since getting out of orientation, I've enjoyed myself immensely and began to be really happy about being here. Horray for the second day! I guess the sky has been created by now. And I could see it out my spiffy window :-)

BTW, it was the tools presenter who said "Drink the Koolaid." I guess it doesn't have that much to do with the post. I just thought it was entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home