ni

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Day 3: We're Famous!

Okay, not like Microsoft doesn't get in the press every day, but it's cool to see the product I'm going to be working on in a movie. Today, my team (whole big group, probably 80 people) went to see "Firewall" - not a fantastic film, but toward the end, live tracking on Virtual Earth showed up. We cheered :-)

Another thing to note about this - the theater was reserved just for our group. We got in free, and all the consessions stuff was free. Google brags about doing stuff like this, but Microsoft does it too. I'm getting more and more upset about how the media distorts things. Sure, Google has an almost unnatural level of idealism (which I did love), but the people I've met at Microsoft are also passionate about innovation in the field and delivering something good to the user. And they treat their employees very well. The difference is not as big as the media likes to make out.

Other than that, I did more setup and talked to more people. Good stuff. I think I'm going to like it here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The difference is not as big as the media likes to make out.

Hmm, on the one hand, Sergey and Larry. On the other hand, Steve Balmer. Nope, not that different at all...

2/23/2006 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving reading about your adventures! Keep 'em coming... can't wait to see you on Thursday!

- nik

p.s. What flavor Koolaid, would you say? ;)

2/27/2006 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home